Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Giant Pumpkin Regatta

The city of Tualatin had its 6th annual giant pumpkin regatta on Halloween. We went with my Dad & Teah to watch, and it was hilarious! They take giant pumpkins, carve out the insides, get inside of them and race around a pond. There were about 10 bobbing pumpkins in the race we watched. One guy capsized and that was then end of his pumpkin's racing days! There was a whole little Halloween carnival going on, lots of cute kids and dogs dressed up, fun times!

Preparations at the starting line!

Ella was asleep but I REALLY wanted to put her inside one of these!
Common sense caught up with me. Maybe next year.

Paddling their arms off, the race is on!

Scuba Steve is that you?!

Almost to the finish line!


Grandpa & Grandma with Ella

5 comments:

Anna and Cody said...

great pictures guys! that was a hoot!

sbb said...

Thats really funny! Sounds like a good time :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie! Those pictures are great- I love the guy in the Charlie Brown shirt- too funny. Every time you post pictures it makes me miss Oregon even more. Matt and I aren't going home this year for any of the Holidays because I can't get the time off work.... hopefully I"ll get to come home this spring some time. I LOVE Eugene in the spring.
Also, can't decide who I think Ella looks like more... you or Jason. Sometimes I see a lot of you, and other time I see a lot of him. You should post some baby pictures of both of you so I can compare. :)
Miss you lots and PROMISE to call soon!
Sara

Scott and Teah said...

We had so much fun at the Regatta with you all! I've shown the pics to all my co-workers....it created quite the pumpkin related conversations ;o)

Love,
Mere et Pere

Elizabeth said...

Great pics! Looks like you had too much fun. Hope to see you guys soon!