
Jason and I both took many many trips to Enchanted Forest when we were kids. We have fond memories (and whisker burned memories because I was scared to death and smashed up against my uncle's face in the haunted house), so we decided to take Ella there for a bit of nostalgic fun. We were both prepared for it to be really run down and to look like it'd been there for 30+ years, but it was in good condition and was really a fun time. They had lots for little kids to do, including a train ride that our little train fanatic loved, and a cave ride with scary monsters to shoot that was much scarier than we had planned...can you hear us saying "oh look at that silly wolf with the blood dripping from his teeth - how funny Ella!" in an attempt to make it not so frightening. She bought it pretty well and was smiling most of the ride. There were slides to go down and all sorts of secret passage ways that were built in the 70's and 80's - perfect for 2 and 3 year olds to fit through, not so perfect for grown men to squeeze through and certainly not sized for this pregnant lady to force herself into. Jason was quite the trooper and went through them all with Ella, I kept waiting for a holler that he was stuck mid way, but thankfully it never happened. :) What a fun day, we'll go back for sure!











4 comments:
So fun! We went to Enchanted Forest when I was little. I had my first candy necklace there! It's so fun to see that Ella had a good time there; makes me want to take Sophie!!
SUCH a great time!!! I ALWAYS wanted to stop there on my drives from Portland to Eugene.
Maybe our next visit Ella can take us = )
You look great Jules! I want a pregnant Julie picture post!!!
LOVE YOU guys!
That looks like so much fun! You guys should have called us, we would have loved to meet you there!
I took the girls there for the first time on Natalee's 8th Birthday..Happy that Ella enjoyed her time there..:)
Post a Comment