Well we've been a bit absent from the blog scene, but for good reason...we've been quite busy. For one thing Jason got hired full-time at the firm he's been working at since February. We were ecstatic, he really loves it there! We've been looking at houses for months now, but with no guarantee of a permanent job we couldn't look seriously at them. Well with the news about Jason's job we were finally set free to search for a new home (new to us I mean!).
We thought it would take going through 100 houses to find the right one, but after seeing 15 we knew a real gem when we found it. We put in an offer 2 weeks ago, and we've been dealing with counter offers, inspections, sewer scoping, repair bids, addendums, more counter offers, and finally a bit of an agreement we think. They still have until June 30 to say they don't like the repair bids, and we still have to deal with an appraisal but if all goes well and according to plan we'll close on our new house Aug 1st.
So here are the stats: Built in 1926. 2600 sqft, 4 bedrooms, 1.5 bath, half the basement is finished, has a large (maybe 2 car) garage, it's on a dead end street, walking distance to a school with a park and playground, can walk to the library and downtown Milwaukie and the farmers market. It's got original hardwoods throughout. Will have a brand new roof, electricity service, and sewer line by the time it's ours! It's a very cute house with lots of character. We are still on pins and needles a bit just trying to ride the wave and hoping everything falls into place like we hope. They accepted the repairs that we asked them to do today, so that made it much more real and we felt like we could share with the world (hope we didn't jinx ourselves!).
So that's what we've been up to, house searching, talking to loan people, insurance people, title people, real estate people, give me a glass of wine people! :) We'll keep you updated on what transpires. Until then keep your fingers crossed for us please!
Friday, June 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







8 comments:
Julie! OMG! I HEART your (almost) house! It's so adorable! So, so, so adorable! Congratulations! I was just about to get on your case about your lack of blogging and updating us with pictures of Ella! :)
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, I know you guys have wanted this for a very long time!
Miss you lots!
Sara
OMG i LOVE it!!!! CONGRATS! talk soon :)
Love it, it's perfect for you guys! We will keep our fingers double crossed. Love to you. Mom Manson
Woohoo sooo cute! I hope it all works out for you guys! I can see you living there for sure!.....owning a home is alot of work but so worth every penny and minute put into it! Love you guys
So cute! We've got our fingers crossed for you guys!
Good luck! We so hope you get it! Let us know if you need help moving.
WOWOW!!! I'm so excited for you guys! It looks beautiful! I hope that all comes together for you guys. You deserve it for sure. Keep me posted. I miss you and LOVE YOU!
I'm still crossing my fingers! Love you!
Post a Comment