Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Salt Lake City Trip



My dear friend Stacey and Josh got married this weekend in Salt Lake City. Jason, Ella and I flew to Utah for the wedding and all the festivities. I was a bridesmaid in the wedding, it was so special to be a part of their big day! We had a wonderful trip and Ella was a real trooper...most of the time!

Bachellorette Party

Getting Ready




Let's just begin with our adventure at the Portland airport....well we got to PDX with what seemed to be plenty of time. We got in the long line at the Delta counter and waited about 20 minutes before someone said "oh you are in the wrong line, you need a boarding pass from that line over there before you can check your bags..." ok fine, so we got into the other line after wasting 20 minutes in line #1, waited another 20 minutes in line #2, got boarding passes, waited another 15 minutes in line #1 again, I booked it to security to get a spot in line there while Jason finished getting us checked in, of course the line was a mile long there too. We waited and waited, knowing that getting through the acrobatics of security with a 3 month old was not going to be fun, started to stress a bit. (On a side note....the lame folks that make you take a SLEEPING infant out of their warm cozy car seat so they can pass through the metal detector must be out of their minds! Maybe they should be forced to fly next to an infant who has been rattled awake from their slumber by such madness!) Anyway, so by the time we waited eternity in the security line we had 10 minutes until our flight left - I thought for sure we were going to miss it. Jason grabbed all of our stuff, diaper bag, car seat base, baby carrier, breast pump that wouldn't fit in the checked bag, carry on with books for us (that was a joke!), and piled it all onto the stroller and straight up sprinted to our gate. Ella and I followed behind at a jog decent enough to make it to the gate on time but slow enough as to not give her shaken baby syndrome! :) We boarded the plane very last and sat down with 4 minutes to spare! We've never cut it that close and my gosh I hope we never do again! Thank goodness Ella slept through the whole flight! After we got off the plane she had a lovely diaper blowout all over me so I got to be poopy through the airport and rental car line....thank goodness I had a suitcase of clothes for backup. We made it safe and sound although had a bit of a rocky start to the trip!

Thankfully the rest of the trip went much smoother. The wedding was beautiful. It was in a meadow nestled in the mountains, overlooking a flower-lined pond! Stacey was a radiant bride and you could see the love and happiness Josh had just bubbling over...so sweet! It was a fun reception with great food and dancing, although Ella had had enough by the time the day was done so she didn't let us dance together too much. Awesome wedding, beautiful bride and groom, need I say more?

Rehearsal


We see a trip to France in her future!


Mr. & Mrs. Turner

We got to see a bit of Salt Lake City between wedding to do's, it's a very pretty city. We took a tram ride to ~11,000ft up snowbird. We saw the state capital, saw the temple downtown, drove through the university, and went to the 2002 olympic village.

At the top after a gondola ride

The Olympic Park

Pretty chilly at 7,500 ft. so we bundled Ella up




Future Olympian

2 comments:

Anna and Cody said...

HOW VERY FUN (and funny - your story made me laugh out loud)! I'm sure it wasn't funny at the moment, but you survived! What a crazy airport experience.
Julie - you look beautiful! I'm glad she slept the whole way there! Just love Ella's little hat too!

Anonymous said...

OMG. YOU look GREAT! And Ella's cheeks are unbelievable! Looks like you had a great time! Keep the pictures coming, I miss you guys! ~ Sara