We had our official ultrasound last Friday. We had it done at Loma Linda and my friend Amanda got to scan me, but first played a little trick on us. I used to help teach the junior class "scan lab" - basically a hands on class where they can learn to scan and just use each other as models (any time they aren't in scan lab we usually just use patient's as test dummies...it's great!), anyway, so we walked into the exam room and about 8 of the new class of students who only have about 2 months of hands-on experience were sitting there in chairs like it was a class. Amanda said "ok we never get OB's at scan lab, so you are model today. Since you used to teach scan lab you get to teach this one" then she walked out the door and left them with me. I was in a little bit of shock but was like "ok let's do it"....so as the patient laying there and teacher on the fly I am trying to tell someone that has never scanned an OB what to do...it was pretty comical until Amanda walked back in about 5 minutes later and said "just kidding". It was a funny trick, she had Jason and I fooled - good one Amanda.
Here are a couple new pictures of our little peanut. She is actually about the size of a large pomegranite and weighs a whopping 6 ounces...lol! She's still a girl and is growing just like she should be. I can't feel her move yet, but am looking a little pregnant. Much to my dismay, and Jason's entertainment, my dumb belly button is sticking out already! I've always had kind of a finicky belly button that thought it wanted to be half inny-half outy, well now it's letting it's true colors show, and it's actually a bit embarrassing. I guess there are worse things in life but I may have to buy stock in band-aids to hide the thing for a bit.


5 comments:
yeah for belly pics!! Very cute belly, button and all!
you are too cute!!!
So cute! I loving that you are at about the same place I am - makes me feel good to know I am not the only one starting to have a baby belly!
YEAH JULIE! You are so beautiful! :)
that is one sexy momma!
Post a Comment