I started a new clinical rotation today. It is the 14th time since I've been a Loma Linda student that I've had to change clinical rotations...every 6 weeks we start a new rotation. Just imagine, it's just as fun as starting a new job: first of all how do you get to the dang place (thank you mapquest), where do I park, why am I having to go through a metal detector to enter the hospital (apparently it's a "really great area of town"), where is the radiology dept even located, there is a whole new staff to get to know, where are their ultrasound rooms, what machines do they have and how do they work, what are their protocols, where is the cafeteria, where is the bathroom, who's in charge, how do I get a badge to get from place to place, and for heaven sakes what time do I get to go home!?!?!? Oh how I long for the day when I can get to know one hospital or clinic for more than 6 weeks at a time!!!! Only 2 more clinical changes after this and then I'm DONE!!!
Don't forget to give thanks for your steady, consistent jobs - believe me it's hell starting at a new place all the time!
Monday, May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
only 2 more???? wow that went fast (for me!)
counting down the clinical sites and counting down the days! yeah for Hawaii being on the other end! :)
Post a Comment